Saturday, June 7, 2008

Adi's First Birthday

Today was Adi's first birthday, so we had a party to celebrate. The theme of the party was "one". The invitations were a one, the cake was a one, and her birthday outfit was a one. I chose the colors pink and brown because I love those colors together.

This is Adi's birthday outfit -- Isn't it adorable. Aunt Kelli made it for Adi. She did a great job. Everyone was very impressed.
This was her cake. Kristin made it. It not only looked precious, but it tasted great. Everyone loved the fact that it was a chocolate chip cake (white cake with chocolate chips) -- very yummy.

Here Adi is with her "smash cake" -- she really didn't smash it -- she just poked her fingers in it and then threw the pieces that stuck to her fingers on the floor. Aunt Alisa who was standing behind her cutting the cake for the adults got more cake on her than Adi did. It seems Alisa's feet were right in the "firing range". Sorry Aunt Isa....


Finally got a taste of it and liked it...


Tasting it again....not bad!


Once she got into it...there was no stopping her. She had a lot of fun using the fork.


Time to open presents. Adi loved the baby doll from Aunt Kelli, Uncle James, Ashlyn, Braedon, and Camden. She kept squeeling and giving it hugs and kisses.

In addition to many many beautiful outfits from all our friends and family -- I can't wait to dress her up in all them -- she also got some sunglasses and a hat from the Hyland family. She loved them. Once we put them on her, she didn't want to take them off. Isn't she cute....


Here she is hugging her pony that her cousin Haiden got her. She had such a good time hugging and kissing it.


It is hard to believe our baby is already a year old. I know it is cliches, but it just doesn't seem possible that a year is already gone by. She is such a good, sweet baby. She completes our family and such a special "Mae Mae" (which means little sister in chinese).


2 comments:

sunni said...

How fun! I wish Kayli and I could have been there. Adi is so adorable!

Angie said...

I love, love, LOVE that outfit! Happy Birthday Adi!